Details & FAQ
Hoover Dam Scooter Tours DETAILS – WHAT TO BRING, WEATHER, AND FAQ’S
March thru December: 10:00 am
December thru February: * 11:00 am
Tour duration is about 4 1/2 hours from pickup to drop off at your hotel.
Multi-Person Bookings- Our scooters are single seater, so groups with multiple people in their parties will have to reserve a scooter for each person.
Our tour includes a free shuttle service to and from your pickup location, and transportation to Boulder City for the Hoover Dam Scooter Tour.
You’ll be picked up at any strip hotel approximately 45 minutes prior to your tour start time, so you must be ready and waiting at your prearranged pickup location. We will call you the day before to confirm pickup and give any additional instructions.
What you may want to bring along:
- 2-wheeled bicycle riding skills and good balance on two-wheels is mandatory
- A valid Driver’s License from your State or Country (a motorcycle license is not required)
- Camera and/or binoculars to capture the amazing views!
- Helmets are provided and required, but if you prefer bringing your own helmet you are welcome to do so.
- Don’t forget to get snacky with it! Water is provided, but food is not.
Cold weather clothing if needed – Las Vegas gets cooler than most think from winter to spring, and when driving a scooter on your Hoover Dam Tour, anticipate a breeze! If it is a cooler day, we also suggest gloves or other cold-weather gear.
- Closed-toe Grippy shoes with laces or straps – NO flip-flops, heels or ballet/slip-on flats.
- A hat if desired, as well as sunglasses, lip balm, and sunscreen for sun protection (no one likes a sunburn).
- We suggest that you wear long pants if the weather permits.
- We require that you do not video record during our guide’s commentaries.
- For your safety, you must be at least 5’2″ feet tall to operate a scooter.
You need to be at least 5’2″ ft tall to safely touch the ground and feel safe while sitting on your scooter. If you are less than 5’2, you would be put at risk for an injury. Scooter operators need to be able to touch the ground firmly in order to properly stop their scooter.
To operate a scooter on a Hoover Dam Scooter Tour, you must be 21 years of age or older. If you are over 65 years of age, you run a higher risk of injury. Riding scooters requires strength and agility, and more mature riders have experienced a higher chance of mishaps and injuries.
If you are reading this and are over 65 years of age, we sincerely apologize! We would love to have you scooting along with us, but safety is our number one priority. You can book a different but still excellent Hoover Dam tour with other local providers, we highly recommend Vegas Jeep Tours!
WEATHER-RELATED ISSUES & REQUIREMENTS:
Las Vegas has some of the best weather all year round, and a Hoover Dam Scooter tour is one of the best ways to enjoy the great weather! We will very rarely have any weather-related issues. Just remember – winters are cold, even when it’s sunny out! Bring jackets and cold weather gear if appropriate. The summers are hot, but not unbearable (especially when you’re on a scooter), so it’s best to bring sun protection and light clothing. If it’s pouring rain then it is not safe for you to be riding a scooter and we won’t go. In the event a weather-related issue forces us to cancel a tour, you will be issued a refund or we will reschedule.
HERE’S A TIP:
Las Vegas is a tipping culture and your gratuity to show appreciation goes a long way for your fantastic tour guide. You will find that our Hoover Dam Scooter tour guides put in just as much or more effort and commitment to excellence than top tier Vegas restaurants, so we kindly ask that you consider a similar tipping rate to what is standard for a great service (15% would be the recommended amount). Gratuities are not included in your ticket price, but are encouraged and appreciated!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. What if I have never ridden a scooter before? Don’t you worry your pretty little head! We will give you a free lesson in a big, open parking lot where you’ll learn the scooting basics. Our guides will help you get the hang of it in just a few minutes, and not let you hit the open road until you’re comfortable operating the scooter on your own. All that we require is that you bring along your bicycle riding skills, basic balance, and are in good health.
2. Do I really have to wear a helmet? Yes, we require you to wear a helmet for your own safety, and we will provide you with one for the tour.
3. What riding gear is required? We require that you wear helmets and closed-toe shoes. Closed-toe shoes will help you feel steady when you put your feet down to stop. Flip-flops, high heels, or flats make stopping a lot tougher and increase your chance of slipping or an injury!
4. Will there be bathroom stops & how long are the stops? There are plenty of bathroom stops throughout your Hoover Dam tour. You won’t have to go more than 30 minutes or so between stops without finding a bathroom nearby. Each stop is about 10-15mins…enough time to hear a plethora fun facts about the Hoover Dam area and to take some dam good Instagram photos!
5. What is the scooter’s weight limit? The scooters are designed to carry 1 adult without an issue. However, the Hoover Dam and its surrounding areas have some slight inclines which make it a challenge for the scooter if it’s extremely weighted down. We recommend a total scooter weight of no more than 350 pounds.
6. What if it is raining the day of my tour? This won’t happen often but if it rains, we’ll cancel the tour and refund your money or offer you a spot on another tour. Fortunately, it only rains a few times a year in Las Vegas, we are in the desert after all!
7. What if it is too cold? We will still scoot even if it’s cold! If it is a chilly day, please be sure to bring your hoodies, jackets, any extra layers you may have, and gloves, and you should be fine.
8. What is the age requirement? To drive the scooter you’ll need to be 21 years or older and have a valid driver’s license.
9. What happens if I miss the shuttle? Please be ready at your hotel for pick up a forty-five minutes before the tour’s start time. In the event you miss your transportation, you will not be reimbursed. We will offer you a tour later the same day or another day, based on availability. Please be on time, as we can’t hold up other guests.
10. Do I get to pick my scooter? Of course! We have a few colors available, so once we bring you to the scooters just walk up to the one that best matches you and claim it!
11. Am I too old to learn or ride a scooter, if I’m a new rider? We recommend that you’re in good health to ride a scooter, are not over 65 years old, are not on any type of serious heart and blood thinner medications, that you have a good sense of balance, and can withstand temperatures ranging below 45 and over 90 degrees (Fahrenheit).
12. Can I bring young children on the tour? Since our scooters only allow for one rider, children are unable to ride with their parents or operate a scooter. Besides, wouldn’t it be nice to have some time away from the kids and enjoy an exhilarating tour?
Experience historic Las Vegas landmarks all while driving a motorized scooter. No motorcycle license is required, so book your tour today! 🛵🌴
4301 S Valley View Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89103
We were just Scooting.... Mopeds are so much fun. You should really book this tour. We rode the scooters all through Boulder City and to the Hoover Dam. You could see everything and it was just awesome. Really a great time
Best Hoover Dam Tour in Vegas We had such a good time. The guide was funny and was able to show us some cool parts of the Hoover Dam. It was a blast riding the Scooters around Boulder City and to the Dam. We had the best DAM time.
Best DAM tour in Vegas If you want to see the Hoover Dam this is the best Dam tour around. I highly recommend it.
What a blast! Had so much fun riding the scooters to the Hoover Dam. This was really cool and the weather was amazing.